August 20, 2010

Derek | Atlanta Portrait Photography

Meet architect/actor Derek, who first approached me about shooting some headshots for him to use for his acting agency. Derek and I have known each other for a couple years, and I had no idea he was an actor on the side, and I dont think he knew that I was so in to photography. On an overcast early Saturday morning I headed up towards his place to do a full blown portrait session of him. We started off by driving down a gravel road (which I didn’t think existed this close to Atlanta) and came upon a field that still had some fog hanging around the trees. The roosters nearby reminded us that it was early, and the gunfire in the distance reminded us that we were in Jawja. I could tell right away that Derek was comfortable in front of the lens…not so comfortable with the echo of gunfire, but who is? Fast forward a couple hours and I was pretty pumped about the shots I had gotten. Derek was fun to work with, and who knows, we might see him in the studio in the near future.



































6 comments:

Joseph said...

Derek looks like a cool bloke! =)
Nice pictures Blake.

Shell Bailey said...

This is an amazing set. You got so many killer shots and really captured the character of his face. I love all of the different moods and scenes, too.

Amber Hughes said...

Seriously loving the many aspects of his personality you've captured, from silly to serious :)

Leah Muse said...

These are super stunning.

Alan Hutchison said...

Good work - you can tell he's an actor ;-)

Jean said...

Derek must be one cool dude...these photos have so much personality; they ROCK!!!