November 4, 2013

Croatia + Rolleiflex + Portra 400 | Croatia Film Travel Photography

While vacationing in Croatia last month, I took 14 rolls of Portra 400 film with my Rolleiflex 3.5E.  As soon as I got back, I sent off the film to Indie Film Lab in Montgomery, Alabama.  When I received the scans back, I was so pumped, it was like opening up presents.  It is such a different feeling, not being able to see what you shot right away.  So, each frame I was reliving that moment a few weeks after it had happened.  Shooting with this camera has been so much fun.  It is hard to believe it is over 60 years old, and still functions like this.  Mine has a light meter attached to it, but I've been a little hesitant to trust it, so for the most part on this trip, I metered with my D600, then composed and took a shot with the Rollei.  After a few rolls, I started to trust the light meter a bit more, as it was telling me similar numbers as the D600.  I can't wait to get back out with this camera!

No comments: